Friday, July 20, 2012

mango gazpacho

It seems like we're all fighting to stay cool in this summer heat! With temperatures over 100 degrees, we are getting quite the summer. I love feeling the warmth, though...especially when I can relax with some summer snacks or a refreshing meal. 

So, gazpacho for dinner it is! Gazpacho is a chilled, tomato based, chunky soup that you typically find in Spain. It is filling and refreshing at the same time. I used a couple of mangoes in mine to add some sweetness and brighten up the soup. I also had a huge heirloom tomato from the garden that I was excited to eat. This recipe was incredibly easy to create, but had some really great flavors. I'm excited to share it!

mango gazpacho:
2 mangoes
1-2 large tomatoes
2 cups spring mix
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. tumeric
1/2 red bell pepper
2 tbsp. lemon juice
1/2 cup cilantro

If you can, chill all ingredients in the fridge before preparing. Chop up all ingredients and blend together in your Vitamix (or blender). I preferred my soup a little chunky, so I blended on the low setting until everything was mixed up. Pour into a bowl and top with avocado, red onions, and more tomato. A little hot sauce would be nice, too. I used spring mix today, but spinach would also work.


This recipe makes about 2 bowls. Since it is LFRV, you could eat both... or share with a friend. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment