Saturday, May 5, 2012

Houston for the weekend


I flew home to Houston this weekend for a wedding. Although it was a quick trip, I am so glad I was able to go! I grew up with Elizabeth so it meant a lot to be there on her special day. She was so beautiful! 







This morning, I also visited Kristina and checked out Rawfully Organic - Houston's largest co-op! It was awesome. So much food and so many friendly faces. Kristina is not only an inspiration with her health, her passion and drive to work hard for what she loves is inspiring. Rawfully Organic's boxes come in a half share or full share - look at all this beautiful food! If you live in the Houston area, I highly recommend joining this co-op.




Unfortunately, we do not have Jamba Juice in Nashville. This place is amazing. All the ingredients are fresh and real - it puts Smoothie King to shame. I got the Orange Carrot Karma which is fresh carrot & orange juice blended with mangoes and bananas. Yum! 
I also love H-E-B. This grocery store in insane! My mom and I go here when I come into town and she is kind enough to let me go crazy and buy a bunch of stuff. Their produce is fresh and they have a huge variety of fruits, veggies, and herbs - many of which are local. I found some cherimoya! I've been hearing about this fruit from friends in TX and Cali, but I've never been able to try it. It was creamy and tangy, unlike anything I've had before. H-E-B has a huge salad bar which makes grabbing a quick meal easy. I bought some fresh spinach, cilantro, tomatoes, papaya, strawberries, bananas, peppers, grapefruit, and asparagus. I am set for the weekend.


Houston has so many good restaurants and healthy options. Hopefully next time I go, I'll have more time to do some restaurant reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment