Sunday, May 27, 2012

key lime gelato

One thing I want to change is the general assumption that if you want to eat healthy, you have to miss out on great food. It's amazing to me that so many people assume I just eat cardboard all day. I want to show you that you can enjoy all the great flavors of foods you love and be healthy. 


My parents always talk about the "best key lime pie they have ever had" from a cruise they took 30 years ago. I guess I got my love for this tart pie from them! For tonight, I thought a cool gelato would be nice after this hot summer day. I still wanted that key lime pie taste, and after playing with some ingredients, I think I got it!. We froze it in separate cups and topped it off with some fresh mint from the garden. Now that I know I got the flavor down, I think I'll try to make a pie, too. 


key lime gelato:
1 avocado
1/2 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
1 tsp. coconut oil
1/2 cup raw agave nectar
Blend the ingredients using a Vitamix or a hand blender. Let it sit in the freezer for at least an hour. 


No comments:

Post a Comment