Thursday, March 22, 2012

more mango, please

mmmmmango! I came across this mango dressing a few months ago and it has now become a staple in my recipe book. Sometimes I'll even eat it as a soup or smoothie. I've been buying a case of mangoes a week with no trouble eating them all. Mangoes are more calorie-dense than most fruits, so they keep you satisfied longer and help me get my proper daily caloric intake.




my favorite salad:

1-2 heads of romaine, spinach, or spring mix
1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
1/2 cucumber, chopped
1/2 avocado, chopped
1/4 cup chopped red onion
1/2 cup chopped celery
handful of cherry tomatoes

mango dressing:
1-2 mangoes, depending on their size
handful of cilantro OR basil OR scallions
1 tbsp. tahini (optional)
blend well in a Vitamix

This salad is so easy & it is BENNY APPROVED!

No comments:

Post a Comment