Friday, September 28, 2012

day seven

I hope you're all sticking with it! It seems like everyone is past the detox symptoms, starting to get used to raw food, and feeling great. I've definitely noticed that I have a much better focus and I have consistent energy throughout the day. I've really missed coffee because I just like the taste of it, but I don't like the way it makes me feel at all. The highs and lows - energy spurts then crashes - are not good. I think I'm gonna have to just kick it and never go back to it. There really is something special about eating a clean diet. I feel like my whole body is just working so much better. I am happier and healthier. Yes!

After two big glasses of water, I cut up a bunch of citrus to eat for breakfast. I think this is two grapefruit and three oranges. Citrus in the morning is such a refreshing way to start your day. 

Huge salad for lunch again! One head of romaine, 2 chopped apples, 1 chopped red bell pepper, red onion, cherry tomatoes, basil and lemon juice on top.

Have you had one of these raw granola bars before?  They are made from all raw seeds and nuts - soaked and sprouted. It is living food, gluten free, and unprocessed... great granola bar alternative. 

I didn't plan ahead very well today and was really hungry around 7PM tonight. I had taken a green juice with me, but that was not filling enough. Since I'm working full time and in grad school at night, my schedule can be hectic. Today, I left home at 8AM and wouldn't be finished until about 9:30PM tonight. Between work meetings, school schedule, and group projects, my day was crazy! The juice wasn't filling enough so on my break, I grabbed this sushi from a restaurant across the street from the University. If you're wanting quick sushi, just get a cucumber and avocado roll without the rice and you'll have some raw vegan sushi.

Total calories for today: 1500
My fat intake was a little high, but I was close to 80/10/10

* For more information on this cleanse, visit CleanseAmerica.com *

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." -Anne Frank

No comments:

Post a Comment