Sunday, September 23, 2012

day two

This morning (Saturday), Betsy and I did the Warrior Dash...and it was awesome! If you haven't heard of the Warrior Dash, it is a 5k race with crazy obstacles - like jumping over fire and crawling through mud. By the end we were completely covered in mud and could not stop laughing. Check out the Warrior Dash in your state and do it!

On the drive out to the race, I had a smoothie made of spinach, 2 bananas, 1 tbsp chia seeds, 1 tbsp raw cacao, and coconut water. Delicious!
After the race I ate a date/nut bar (literally just dates and almonds) and had 2 apples on the way home. 
(we're making our "warrior horns")

For lunch, I made a big arugula salad topped with a peach, 1/2 a carton of grape tomatoes, red onion, and lemon juice. 

For dinner, I made the Kicked Up Chili recipe (minus the avocado) from the Cleanse America 3 ebook. This stuff was goooooood.

I met up with some friends later that night and brought some banana ice cream with me. Everyone loved it! This is literally just frozen bananas and cinnamon. Easy and healthy! 

But, I ate half of a brownie at my friend's house. Yup, broke the cleanse for that one. To be honest, I am quite the emotional eater, which is part of why I wanted to do this cleanse so much. Eating for your health (not your comfort) is what will really satisfy you, and I wanted to break the emotional eating cycle. So, half a brownie later... all is not lost... but I do know I will focus on sticking to my commitment tomorrow and finishing out this cleanse completely! 

Total calories for today: 1800
I had a little too much fat (with the almond date bar and brownie), so my 80/10/10 was more like 75/15/10.

* For more information on this cleanse, visit CleanseAmerica.com *

"Your life does not get better by chance, it gets better by change. - John Rohn

1 comment:

  1. That run/dash looks like amazing fun! It's positive just to move on after 'blips'- you could have easily thought 'Ah well, I've broken it now' and then had three brownies but you didn't so well done you!Rx

    http://sandersonsmithstory.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete