Wednesday, April 18, 2012

carrot cake cookies

I've been making a lot of carrot juice lately, and I hate throwing away all the leftover pulp. I've heard about people using the pulp to make breads, so I decided to try something similar and make cookies! I added raisins to make these cookies more like mini carrot cakes. You can dehydrate for a shorter or longer time depending on the consistency you prefer (a shorter time will give you softer cookies, longer will be more crispy).


carrot cake cookies:
2 cups carrot pulp leftover from juicing
1/3 cup ground flax
1/3 cup shredded coconut
1-2 tbsps. cinnamon (I like a lot)
1/3 cup almond milk - more as needed
2/3 cup raw agave
1/4 cup raisins

Mix the ingredients in the order listed above. Shape into cookies and dehydrate for at least 2-3 hours (more depending on your desired texture). I dehydrated in my oven overnight at the lowest setting with the oven door cracked.

The great thing about this recipe is that it is completely raw! By not cooking it, you keep all the nutrients intact. It has a low glycemic index (won't give you a sugar rush), and it contains minimal fat.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment