Friday, April 27, 2012

strawberry cream pie

I love hearing about famous people who eat a LFRV diet. I've read about anyone from Madonna to Ellen Degeneres to Drew Barrymore to Bill Clinton. What really encouraged me to eat this way was the number of professional athletes who have seen better results on this diet, too. I've read about body-builders, basketball players, cyclists, and Olympic runners who follow a LFRV diet.


But, I was really excited to here tha Jónsi is a raw vegan. If you don't know Jónsi, you must check out Sigur Ros and his solo project, Jonsi.

Jónsi and Alex have a cooking show on Youtube and it is awesomely cute. Their raw strawberry pie recipe looks delicious, so I decided to make one too! Of course, I changed a little bit, so here is my adapted version...

raw strawberry coconut cream pie:
crust
1 cup dates
1 cup coconut
1 cup almonds
pinch of sea salt
2 tbsp. coconut oil to coat the bottom of the pan

filling
2 cup coconut
2 tbsp. coconut oil
2 cup raw agave
2 cup strawberries

 
Chop the crust ingredients together in a food processor and then press along the bottom and sides of the pan. Blend the filling ingredients well in the Vitamix. Pour into the pan and top with fresh squeezed lemon juice. Let it sit in the freezer for a couple of hours before serving. BENNY APPROVED!


Yum!



No comments:

Post a Comment